Zidocraft

Welcome to the Zidocraft Forums!

Wanting to become a Member on our server?
Go to Member Applications and post there!
Make sure to include you In Game name, so we know who to make Member Very Happy

Like the server so much?!
You should think about donating!!!
Link to donate to the Server is in the Portal!

Haven't been on our server yet?
Try our server!
Survival IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Want to join/merge server communities?
Contact Unknown_Mage on the server
or
Contact UnknownMage on the forums!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the forums, or just come on our server for help!

Have fun!
~Unknown (Owner of Zidocraft)
~Zidocraft Community

Contact Information:
UnknownM. (Skype)
UnknownMage (Forums)
Unknown_Mage (Server)
"If using Skype to contact me, please make sure to include Zidocraft, so I may know what it is about."

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zidocraft

Welcome to the Zidocraft Forums!

Wanting to become a Member on our server?
Go to Member Applications and post there!
Make sure to include you In Game name, so we know who to make Member Very Happy

Like the server so much?!
You should think about donating!!!
Link to donate to the Server is in the Portal!

Haven't been on our server yet?
Try our server!
Survival IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Want to join/merge server communities?
Contact Unknown_Mage on the server
or
Contact UnknownMage on the forums!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the forums, or just come on our server for help!

Have fun!
~Unknown (Owner of Zidocraft)
~Zidocraft Community

Contact Information:
UnknownM. (Skype)
UnknownMage (Forums)
Unknown_Mage (Server)
"If using Skype to contact me, please make sure to include Zidocraft, so I may know what it is about."

Zidocraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for the Zidocraft Minecraft Server Community!

ZidoCraft is currently 1.6!!!
IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

+6
pokemonb02
PZH145
UnknownMage
PlayboxxIsEpic
showtime3636
thek826
10 posters

Possible bill of rights for the server?

thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Possible bill of rights for the server? Empty Possible bill of rights for the server?

Post by thek826 Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Well as you guys know, players' rights are sort of undefined on our server...so I'm thinking we make a running list of rights our players have. Once I think we're all done here, I'll propose it in the staff section to try to ratify it, and with Mage's approval it will become an official part of the server. Note that this is by no means the final draft and I will give you guys several days and even weeks to change and perfect it. If you have a suggestion, just post below Smile

Proposed "bill of rights":

1. A right for the banned to know why they were banned. If they aren't given a reason (assuming they asked for one and didn't just say "I didn't do anything!") within 48-72 hours (this time period is negotiable, feel free to make a suggestion below), they must be unbanned and if no reason is ever given, the ban will not count against them in our 2 strike system (it will count if a reason is eventually given).
    2. Players have freedom from discrimination due to their religion, ethnicity, race, age, or sexual preference.
    3. Ability to make proposals in the "Feedback" section of the forums that will be voted on and discussed by the community. Should a plurality of people vote for the proposal, the proposal will go to staff to be voted on.
    4. Freedom to politely express opinions about aspects of the server or the world in general. Staff can decide if something is polite or not. (ie: if someone says "OMG THAT STAFF MEMBER SUCKS AT HIS f*** JOB" it is impolite, but if someone says "I believe that staff member is not doing well at his job," it is fine) Essentially, you can't do libel, slander, or seditious speech.
    5. Freedom from being discriminated against due to incidents that happen outside Zidocraft's server and forum and does not directly involve the server (this does not apply to felons).
    6. Ability to express one's self in a polite manner. No libel, slander, or seditious speech.
    7. Players have rights not stated in this bill of rights or in other official documents. This means we can't just ban someone simply by saying that they did something that the bill of rights does not explicitly allow them to do. However, the staff can deem something inappropriate through common sense or a staff vote.
    8. Amendments to this bill of rights can only be passed with a 2/3 vote of approval from the staff, and parts to this bill of rights can only be repealed through a 2/3 vote from the staff.
    9. The current owner of the server can ignore this bill of rights (although it would not be wise).
    10. The staff can only ignore this bill of rights in times of crisis on the server and/or the forum

Last edited by thek826 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : On #10: Changed server to "server and/or the forum")
    showtime3636
    showtime3636

Possible bill of rights for the server? Empty Re: Possible bill of rights for the server?

Post by showtime3636 Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm

I propose an amendment to number 2. Add sexual preference. Too many people go around telling people they r gay.
    PlayboxxIsEpic
    PlayboxxIsEpic

Possible bill of rights for the server? Empty Re: Possible bill of rights for the server?

Post by PlayboxxIsEpic Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm

I would read this.. but i dont like reading.. so um.. Can you possibly give a shorter version by any chancexD?
    UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm

1. If no reason is given when politely asked for it after 24 hours of the ban appeal's conclusion, the ban may not count towards the two-strike system of the server.
    2. Add gender, sexual preference, and age.
    4,6. No libel, slander, or seditious speech.
    PZH145
    PZH145
    Moderator+

Post by PZH145 Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Server is becoming America now?
    pokemonb02
    pokemonb02
    Moderator+

Post by pokemonb02 Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

My class is just starting to learn about le Bill of dem Rights. XD

But I think this would be a good idea.
    44bottles
    44bottles
    Co-Owner

Post by 44bottles Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 am

UnknownMage wrote:1. If no reason is given when politely asked for it after 24 hours of the ban appeal's conclusion, the ban may not count towards the two-strike system of the server.

For 1, I think 24 hours is too short. Maybe 48 or 72 because we need to give a slightly longer time frame for the staff member that banned to check the posts

Sandyman
    Sandyman
    Admin

Post by Sandyman Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:46 am

Oh great. Politics in a game. .-.
    Sandyman
    Sandyman
    Admin

Post by Sandyman Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

PlayboxxIsEpic wrote:I would read this.. but i dont like reading.. so um.. Can you possibly give a shorter version by any chancexD?

Proposed "bill of rights"(Noob version):
    1. Noobs who banned without reason will be unbanned in like 3 days unless someone objects. No reason ever = Chances not used.
    2. No discriminate. No calling nigga, gay, f**, kid, poor, cheap, atheist, potato, etc.
    3. Write shit in feedback, discuss, if liked then staff will discuss.
    4. Be chill while talking about server, world, anything. Staff can decide who isnt. "WHAT AN a******* SHIT STAFF YOU SUCK" is bad, "that nub isnt very good yo" is ok.
    5. What happens in real life, stays in real life.
    6. Be chill while babbling.
    7. Some rights arent stated. But it cant be used as an excuse, staff can use common sense and brains. (something you dont have)
    8. Amendments will be passed with 2/3 staff vote, parts to this bill of rights will be repealed by the same.
    9. Owner can say f*** you to this bill.
    10. Staff can ignore only during time of Crysis 3.
    Farquor
    Farquor
    Moderator+

Post by Farquor Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 am

I happen to despise any government order. So i neither agree, nor Deny this political statement. I have never been one to follow anything to do with the government. No need for a girlfriend or boyfriend when the government f*** you everyday Wink
    Wikwoo
    Wikwoo

Post by Wikwoo Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 am

I propose an amendment to number 1, if somebody was banned for something big, (i.e. griefing 2000 blocks, killing people in survival and stealing they're items) they shouldn't be unbanned even if the staff member didn't give a reason. Just because no reason was given doesn't mean they shouldn't be banned forever.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:31 pm

Wikwoo wrote:I propose an amendment to number 1, if somebody was banned for something big, (i.e. griefing 2000 blocks, killing people in survival and stealing they're items) they shouldn't be unbanned even if the staff member didn't give a reason. Just because no reason was given doesn't mean they shouldn't be banned forever.

I meant that if someone isn't given a reason, they get unbanned after x amount of time. If a reason is eventually given by that staff member and it turns out to be big, then the person gets re-banned.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:46 pm

UnknownMage wrote:1. If no reason is given when politely asked for it after 24 hours of the ban appeal's conclusion, the ban may not count towards the two-strike system of the server.

I disagree. I think that if within a certain amount of time (I'm not certain about what that time should be) after politely asking for a reason for the ban passes and no reason is given, then that person must be unbanned. However, if a reason for the ban is eventually given, then the ban should count against the previously banned person in the 2 strike system. If the person in question already had 1 strike and/or the reason was on the list of things that makes someone unbannable, then he/she get's re-banned forever.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:48 pm

Did all suggestions except the first one. I think that needs some more discussion.

showtime3636 wrote:I propose an amendment to number 2. Add sexual preference. Too many people go around telling people they r gay.
    Done.
    Farquor
    Farquor
    Moderator+

Post by Farquor Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

thek826 wrote:
    Wikwoo wrote:I propose an amendment to number 1, if somebody was banned for something big, (i.e. griefing 2000 blocks, killing people in survival and stealing they're items) they shouldn't be unbanned even if the staff member didn't give a reason. Just because no reason was given doesn't mean they shouldn't be banned forever.

I meant that if someone isn't given a reason, they get unbanned after x amount of time. If a reason is eventually given by that staff member and it turns out to be big, then the person gets re-banned.
    Yes, but i see wik's point. If one is banned, but the staff members neglects giving the reason and goes inactive after banning said griefer, then that person will be unbanned and that gives them a chance to continue. That is if they still have the server listed after being banned. Most delete it.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Farquor wrote:
    thek826 wrote:

Yes, but i see wik's point. If one is banned, but the staff members neglects giving the reason and goes inactive after banning said griefer, then that person will be unbanned and that gives them a chance to continue. That is if they still have the server listed after being banned. Most delete it.

That's a valid point, but it is the staff member's responsibility to inform someone who is wondering why they were banned as to why they were banned. We don't elect irresponsible staff members for a reason...
    showtime3636
    showtime3636

Post by showtime3636 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:33 pm

On number 2, you have "race" written twice
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:08 pm

showtime3636 wrote:On number 2, you have "race" written twice

fixed.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Are we fine with this? Anyone want to make any last minute changes? I'll give you guys until December 7 to suggest any changes before I introduce this into the staff section of the forums for voting on December 8.

P.S. Is anyone else going to agree with Mage on changing the amount of time a staff member has to inform someone of the reason of their ban before they are by default unbanned to 24 hours rather than 48 hours? If not, then I'm not changing the current proposed right since someone has already agreed with me that it should be at least 48-72 hours.

Last edited by thek826 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:24 pm

I think I was misunderstood.

This is what I meant.
    If a member asks politely to be given the reason for his/her ban, then they have the right to know.
    If 24 hours AFTER being UNbanned and they do not have their reason yet, then that ban cannot count towards the two strike system of the server.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:53 pm

UnknownMage wrote:I think I was misunderstood.

This is what I meant.
    If a member asks politely to be given the reason for his/her ban, then they have the right to know.
    If 24 hours AFTER being UNbanned and they do not have their reason yet, then that ban cannot count towards the two strike system of the server.

Ohh OK. However, imo, I think that if a reason is eventually given, then the ban should count towards the two strike system (but only when the reason is eventually given)
    UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Remove the time limit then. Would that work now?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:11 am