Zidocraft

Welcome to the Zidocraft Forums!

Wanting to become a Member on our server?
Go to Member Applications and post there!
Make sure to include you In Game name, so we know who to make Member Very Happy

Like the server so much?!
You should think about donating!!!
Link to donate to the Server is in the Portal!

Haven't been on our server yet?
Try our server!
Survival IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Want to join/merge server communities?
Contact Unknown_Mage on the server
or
Contact UnknownMage on the forums!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the forums, or just come on our server for help!

Have fun!
~Unknown (Owner of Zidocraft)
~Zidocraft Community

Contact Information:
UnknownM. (Skype)
UnknownMage (Forums)
Unknown_Mage (Server)
"If using Skype to contact me, please make sure to include Zidocraft, so I may know what it is about."

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Zidocraft

Welcome to the Zidocraft Forums!

Wanting to become a Member on our server?
Go to Member Applications and post there!
Make sure to include you In Game name, so we know who to make Member Very Happy

Like the server so much?!
You should think about donating!!!
Link to donate to the Server is in the Portal!

Haven't been on our server yet?
Try our server!
Survival IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Want to join/merge server communities?
Contact Unknown_Mage on the server
or
Contact UnknownMage on the forums!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the forums, or just come on our server for help!

Have fun!
~Unknown (Owner of Zidocraft)
~Zidocraft Community

Contact Information:
UnknownM. (Skype)
UnknownMage (Forums)
Unknown_Mage (Server)
"If using Skype to contact me, please make sure to include Zidocraft, so I may know what it is about."

Zidocraft

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for the Zidocraft Minecraft Server Community!

ZidoCraft is currently 1.6!!!
IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

+8
iivastdogs
showtime3636
Le_Binster
PlayboxxIsEpic
Sandyman
44bottles
thek826
UnknownMage
12 posters

Banning System

UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Banning System Empty Banning System

Post by UnknownMage Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:10 pm

As most of you know, the following is how our banning system works.

Old Format:

I am not sure how effective this is, as some members might be banned for miniscule reasons. Some members might actually be accused for things they didn't commit.

Some things might have existed in the old format, but just restating to make sure.
    New Format:

The reason I am posting this in the Announcements section is to get feedback from the community and the staff. I hope you guys take the time to read this.
    Any suggestions are welcomed. I probably haven't covered everything I wanted to.

P.S. Yes, I have done the configs, but I need some things to be done by the staff before updating tomorrow. I might just update the server tomorrow without finishing the last touches, but that is not recommended.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Banning System Empty Re: Banning System

Post by thek826 Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:06 am

Wow thx for taking the time to make this Mage Very Happy The original banning system wasn't really written down anywhere (it was kind of just spread around throughout various posts).
    44bottles
    44bottles
    Co-Owner

Post by 44bottles Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:21 am

I like how you have given a way for your decision to be overturned. No more dictatorship Very Happy. Razz

Also, would a tempban be counted as one of a person's chances or not since no appeal is needed.
    Sandyman
    Sandyman
    Admin

Post by Sandyman Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:28 am

This is awesome. Thanks mage.
    PlayboxxIsEpic
    PlayboxxIsEpic

Post by PlayboxxIsEpic Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:44 am

Amazing, Even tho i haven't been on minecraft in over 2months, Well if you count the time i went on for 1 day, yea, Thanks Mage.
    Le_Binster
    Le_Binster

Post by Le_Binster Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks Mage.
    UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 pm

I suppose I didn't make it clear in the primary post.

This was actually a proposal over the older format, which has never been established.
    I am still looking into tweaking it, so I am asking for suggestions.

As for temp-bans, I am not sure how to work with them.
    What do you guys think?
    My opinion:

Side Note:
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:07 pm

UnknownMage wrote:I suppose I didn't make it clear in the primary post.

This was actually a proposal over the older format, which has never been established.
    I am still looking into tweaking it, so I am asking for suggestions.

As for temp-bans, I am not sure how to work with them.
    What do you guys think?
    My opinion:

Side Note:

We might want to define what temp ban is. Is it just when we use /tempban? Or is it when we decide to unban someone that was banned with /db, /dbip or /ban?
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Can I propose an amendment? How about if someone claims he/she did nothing wrong (and there is no proof to show that he/she did nothing wrong), the minimum ban time must be 72 hours.

Why?
    A) 95% of the time they are lying.
    B) It gives the staff member who banned him or her some time to respond.
    UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 pm

thek826 wrote:Can I propose an amendment? How about if someone claims he/she did nothing wrong (and there is no proof to show that he/she did nothing wrong), the minimum ban time must be 72 hours.

Why?
    A) 95% of the time they are lying.
    B) It gives the staff member who banned him or her some time to respond.

How about 48-72 hours? That should be plenty of time for a staff member and the person making the appeal to respond to each other.

As for an amendment, time to think of a vague yet precise statement ...

Amendment 1:

As for the definition of temp-ban...
    Got any good definitions?
    showtime3636
    showtime3636

Post by showtime3636 Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

I think of a temp ban as a sort of a time out. You aren't banned perminantly, but you get a break off of the Server for the rude thing u did. It's like giving someone a suspension from school. They arnt expelled, but they are not at the school (server in our case)
    UnknownMage
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 pm

showtime3636 wrote:I think of a temp ban as a sort of a time out. You aren't banned perminantly, but you get a break off of the Server for the rude thing u did. It's like giving someone a suspension from school. They arnt expelled, but they are not at the school (server in our case)

I have to say, that is a great definition in my point of view.

Any other opinions?
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:34 pm

UnknownMage wrote:
    For the Banned:
    --- If three-fifths of the staff decide to reconsider a person that is permanently banned, they are to discuss it in the Staff Section of the forums.

For the Banned Again:
    -- The staff will have to decide on a majority vote on whether or not a ban is to be removed.

Overall Powers:
    The staff member that banned the person in question has their decision counted twice.
    The Owner has final say in any decision. His choice can only be overruled by three-fifths of overall staff.
    [/spoiler]

I don't understand why it takes 3/5 of staff to "reconsider" a perm ban while it takes 1/2 of the staff +1 to unban. Wouldn't they already inherently be getting unbanned since the 3/5 will almost certainly want to unban anyway?
    Suggestion: Make it so that any staff member can bring a possible unbanning of a perm banned person to a vote (wherein a majority would have to vote yes for the player to be unbanned), but if the vote fails then there must be at least a 30 day waiting period before any other vote can be taken to reconsider the previous consensus.

Speaking of which, I totally didn't realize that you needed 3/5 of the staff before taking a vote on a perm ban; sorry about that Razz
    iivastdogs
    iivastdogs

Post by iivastdogs Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:47 pm

ah I see, Listen here, I have become a staff member on another server, [pretty shocking right] and this server has maybe 30-50 people online 24/7. There have been, many spammers, pvploggers, hackers, people who advertise other servers and More. So they came up With This smart Strike Systeme. Easy to follow, here it is. I hope staff Take this into Consideration.

1 Strike= 15minute Mute/jail
    2 Strike= 2 hour mute/jail
    3 Strike= 1 day mute/jail
    4 Strike= 3 day mute/jail
    5 Strike= 1 Day TempBan
    7 Strike= 3 day TempBan
    10 Strike= Perm Ban [ must create a ban appeal to get unbanned]

Spamming, Capsing like 10 words, Disrespecting Staff, = 1 strike. But Staff Must Warn the player/players Before Muting Them For 15 minutes. Once Staff Mute the Player/players, They Must type it down on a thread, [ mage may add a thread ] Thread Name '' Striked Players ] and They must Type on It saying The player's ign, why they are on 1 strike. And From there, they can get 2 strikes, 3 strikes, the thread is to keep count on how many players have how many strikes.

Advertising a Server = Automatic 5 strikes, 1 day temp ban. Fair enough? Staff Who temp ban them must Type it down on the thread, To remember That The Specific player is on 5 strikes.

Using Xray, or any hacked clients/pvp hacked clients = 10 strikes PErm Ban. YOu must create a ban appeal to get unbanned from here.

now, For the pvp rules, Pvplogging one time = 1 strike. Any non Staff Can take a look for this, Record The player Pvplogging, and the player may get a 15 min jail, But, If the player pvploggs 5 times. and it is all Recorded. Temp Ban 1 day because 5 pvplog= 5 strikes.

Update for this: staff may decide At one point that Disrespecting Staff = 3 strikes after being warned.

This is it, If You Staff Actually Take Consideration for this new Strike Systeme, I will be Very Happy. This could help you guys get more organised for the new server Mage is working on Very Happy Once again, This is k1lla92735, The New K1lla92735.
    thek826
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 pm

iivastdogs wrote:ah I see, Listen here, I have become a staff member on another server, [pretty shocking right] and this server has maybe 30-50 people online 24/7. There have been, many spammers, pvploggers, hackers, people who advertise other servers and More. So they came up With This smart Strike Systeme. Easy to follow, here it is. I hope staff Take this into Consideration.

1 Strike= 15minute Mute/jail
    2 Strike= 2 hour mute/jail
    3 Strike= 1 day mute/jail
    4 Strike= 3 day mute/jail
    5 Strike= 1 Day TempBan
    7 Strike= 3 day TempBan
    10 Strike= Perm Ban [ must create a ban appeal to get unbanned]

Spamming, Capsing like 10 words, Disrespecting Staff, = 1 strike. But Staff Must Warn the player/players Before Muting Them For 15 minutes. Once Staff Mute the Player/players, They Must type it down on a thread, [ mage may add a thread ] Thread Name '' Striked Players ] and They must Type on It saying The player's ign, why they are on 1 strike. And From there, they can get 2 strikes, 3 strikes, the thread is to keep count on how many players have how many strikes.

Advertising a Server = Automatic 5 strikes, 1 day temp ban. Fair enough? Staff Who temp ban them must Type it down on the thread, To remember That The Specific player is on 5 strikes.

Using Xray, or any hacked clients/pvp hacked clients = 10 strikes PErm Ban. YOu must create a ban appeal to get unbanned from here.

now, For the pvp rules, Pvplogging one time = 1 strike. Any non Staff Can take a look for this, Record The player Pvplogging, and the player may get a 15 min jail, But, If the player pvploggs 5 times. and it is all Recorded. Temp Ban 1 day because 5 pvplog= 5 strikes.

Update for this: staff may decide At one point that Disrespecting Staff = 3 strikes after being warned.

This is it, If You Staff Actually Take Consideration for this new Strike Systeme, I will be Very Happy. This could help you guys get more organised for the new server Mage is working on Very Happy Once again, This is k1lla92735, The New K1lla92735.

No. Just no. You're perm banned. Why would we take you seriously in creating a banning system? I'm very happy with the 2 strike system.
    iivastdogs
    iivastdogs

Post by iivastdogs Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Just trying to help, heard ur making a new server from scratch, thought adding that strike systeme would be a nice touch :3 anyways, im just a regular Perm Banned Person, why take Advice from me. But still you know even though im a totally different person now, iivastdogs Does Not exist anymore, still........
    granjor
    granjor

Post by granjor Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 pm

I actually like that idea. I never had any issues with you, let alone know you, so no bias.
    adrianvanderstap
    adrianvanderstap
    Custom

Post by adrianvanderstap Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:43 pm

hey ivastdogs u remember me *lolguy* yea you were a d*** to me but im willing to forgive you and hopefully be friends Smile and i hope to see ya on the server . other than that have a nice day
    iivastdogs
    iivastdogs

Post by iivastdogs Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:48 pm

None the less, You never will have issues with me today, im like 100% changed attittide wise and I take following rules as a piece of cake Razz and Thanks, The strike systeme idea came from an admin on another server, I modified some parts and showed it to you guys on here, So it's just like 10% easier to follow than the original one Very Happy.

Ok apart from this message, Adrianvanderstap, I know that I was a d*** to everyone before, but im fully changed today, Trust me you will like the change in who I am Very Happy. And, I am still not sure I will be unbanned yet, so put a pin on it, alright, This is a Future Cya if I do get unbanned. Lol.
    Wikwoo
    Wikwoo

Post by Wikwoo Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:23 pm

lol iivast
    iivastdogs
    iivastdogs

Post by iivastdogs Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:27 pm

Not getting unbanned.
    PZH145
    PZH145