Zidocraft

Welcome to the Zidocraft Forums!

Wanting to become a Member on our server?
Go to Member Applications and post there!
Make sure to include you In Game name, so we know who to make Member Very Happy

Like the server so much?!
You should think about donating!!!
Link to donate to the Server is in the Portal!

Haven't been on our server yet?
Try our server!
Survival IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Want to join/merge server communities?
Contact Unknown_Mage on the server
or
Contact UnknownMage on the forums!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the forums, or just come on our server for help!

Have fun!
~Unknown (Owner of Zidocraft)
~Zidocraft Community

Contact Information:
UnknownM. (Skype)
UnknownMage (Forums)
Unknown_Mage (Server)
"If using Skype to contact me, please make sure to include Zidocraft, so I may know what it is about."

This forum is for the Zidocraft Minecraft Server Community!

ZidoCraft is currently 1.6!!!
IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Economy Reforms

granjor

Economy Reforms

Post by granjor on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:43 pm

As all of you might know, since the new bank plugin, our economy has gone down the drain, through the sewer, and through the dump. I have brought it to the attention to some of the Staff Members (TheK, Ryan, Mage, Gen, Poke, Etc) and a group of us have found some ideas. A list will be noted below with references to a Skype call between Me, Mage, Ryan, TheK, and General.

Step 1: Reset Money

As long as everybody has the insane amount of money they have (Whether it is Bird's 30+ Million, or a guests 100) we need to reset all of the Balances in the server.

Step 2: Removal of Bank/Interest

Since the addition of the Bank Plugin, the economy has gotten worse. As an example, I first started with 175k in my bank, I now have a whopping 3.5 Million. With the removal of the banking system, obtaining insane amounts of money will no longer be a factor in the economy.

Step 3: Removal of ALL Job Exploits

As many of the rich players in the server know, the old way to make money was through the netherwart exploit. Now, with that passed over, the new exploit is sugarcane. You can make incredible amounts of money in a matter of 10 minutes with a strategic size for your sugarcane farm. As much as I know, the biggest farm in the server at the moment, can earn its owner over 45k in less than 10 minutes.

Step 4: Raise Adminshop Prices

The Adminshop is an issue on the economy, not a major one, but still an issue. The Adminshop takes away from the player run economy. Since this issue has risen, TheK and myself have taken it upon ourselves to remake the power of the Player Owned Shops. Together, me and TheK hope to use our warps (/Warp marketplace and /Warp pier) to reform the economy between players and the raising of prices in AdminShop will deter players from relying on other ways of money in order to buy bulk items for buildings. We are not removing the shop, just raising prices, to advocate for playershops. Allowing for lower prices, and allowing for a new way for people to make money.

All points of this post were discussed on a Skype Call last night (4/5/2013).

All feedback is welcome.
    General_101
    Admin

Re: Economy Reforms

Post by General_101 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:49 pm

if we do go with this idea ill make a list of new prices for all base materials then work my way up on a list ill post it and then we will decide if the price is right
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:53 pm

My thoughts:
    To step 1: I think rather than restarting everyone's balances just change the balance of everyone who had over $1 million down to $750k.
    To step 2: I agree. It's not possible to edit the interest time interval and thus it's been OP and giving people an insane amount of money.
    To step 3: idk
    To step 4: I agree.
    gf people

Post by gf people on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:02 pm

We had a bank plugin?
    granjor

Post by granjor on Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:07 pm

thek826 wrote:My thoughts:
    To step 1: I think rather than restarting everyone's balances just change the balance of everyone who had over $1 million down to $750k.
    To step 2: I agree. It's not possible to edit the interest time interval and thus it's been OP and giving people an insane amount of money.
    To step 3: idk
    To step 4: I agree.

Even then it is to much money. We need to get economy back to normal, not allow people ti still trump everyone. All prices should be low. My Housing goes from $100-$1000. That should be money for anyone, not pennies for someone with over $50k. You should have to know how to spend your money, not earn and earn and earn and use willingly.
    Farquor
    Moderator+

Post by Farquor on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 pm

How about all this be done, AND a map reset?
    Like, you know, a legit FULL reset.
    Prices raised, banks reset, jobs reset. And a new map would be nice. Everything we have been discussing can be placed in the new map.
    Fully resetting does tick a few players off, but they will get over it. If you're going to just take away some of their hard earned money, why not just start all over again?
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Farquor wrote:How about all this be done, AND a map reset?
    Prices raised, banks reset, jobs reset. And a new map would be nice. Everything we have been discussing can be placed in the new map.
    Fully resetting does tick a few players off, but they will get over it. If you're going to just take away some of their hard earned money, why not just start all over again?

+1

Do we have the news spawns and stuff built yet? If so, I agree. I think it's pretty stupid to reset the economy but not the map.
    General_101
    Admin

Post by General_101 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:38 pm

thek826 wrote:

+1

Do we have the news spawns and stuff built yet? If so, I agree. I think it's pretty stupid to reset the economy but not the map.
    but but my lab
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:40 pm

General_101 wrote:
    thek826 wrote:

+1

but but my lab

But I have Manhattan, Glowtown, as well as 826 Industries (none of you have seen this so that doesn't really mean anything to you but essentially it's an extensive underground facility located under Manhattan, Glowtown, Spawn City, and the surrounding waters) so I'd lose more than you XD
    koopatroopa544

Post by koopatroopa544 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Step 1: Sure, i dont mind resetting money
    Step 2: Again sure, i never used the bank plugin, and it sounds a bit crazy how u can get so much money
    Step 3 Don't get rid of the plugin. because people pay heaps of money to make the farm, then place the sugar cane (which costs money depending if you already had the farmer job or not) and then they work their way up the farmer job by gaining exp and levels. they work really hard. But if changes have to be made, just reset everybodies' jobs stats.
    Step 4: Now it makes sense.. granjor before this you were saying get rid of adminshops and just have player shops. People could get by, but it's so useful just being able to buy things without exploring for up to hours for stuff. Now what you are saying is better. I say ok to this idea.
    DatMrRyan
    Admin

Post by DatMrRyan on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:06 pm

thek826 wrote:

+1

Yes, spawnhub is ready to be used in the new system that mage approved, but still hasnt done >Sad The nether spawns have been placed down already, and the Game hub exists, but isnt quite finished yet.
    General_101
    Admin

Post by General_101 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 pm

thek826 wrote:
    General_101 wrote:
    thek826 wrote:

+1

but but my lab

But I have Manhattan, Glowtown, as well as 826 Industries (none of you have seen this so that doesn't really mean anything to you but essentially it's an extensive underground facility located under Manhattan, Glowtown, Spawn City, and the surrounding waters) so I'd lose more than you XD
    its world edit time
    Sandyman
    Admin

Post by Sandyman on Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 pm

If you reset map can I have some things copied to the new map. With schematics and stuff. Thnx.
    granjor

Post by granjor on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:53 pm

I am all for a map reset. Ive mentioned it before, I can even work on a new spawn if you guys want. Resetting the map and everything would just fix all of our issues. Then its like declaring us stable again.
    granjor

Post by granjor on Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh yeah, if the reset goes through, can I be the creator of the OFFICIAL ZidoCraft market? :3
    General_101
    Admin

Post by General_101 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:24 pm

granjor wrote:I am all for a map reset. Ive mentioned it before, I can even work on a new spawn if you guys want. Resetting the map and everything would just fix all of our issues. Then its like declaring us stable again.
    we don't need a new spawn we can just use the old one
    44bottles
    Co-Owner

Post by 44bottles on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:30 pm

With the removal of job exploits, does this just mean we lower all the money you can get from jobs? So you get less for the same amount of work? I'm pretty sure this is possible. I remember digging being an overpowered job as well, if you had an efficiency 5 shovel.
    koopatroopa544

Post by koopatroopa544 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:42 pm

with factions, i dont see a way to really earn money to pay for land and stuff like that.. you have to pay $1000 and then every time you want more land you pay an additional 500 dollars to what you payed before. i dont understand how people could afford that now. please post solutions to this problem, if it be ways to get money for factions, or just lowering the cost for factions.
    thek826
    Admin

Post by thek826 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:19 pm

If we are resetting the map, can I request that the map be put up for download?
    General_101
    Admin

Post by General_101 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:08 pm

thek826 wrote:If we are resetting the map, can I request that the map be put up for download?
    its quite a large map we can just host a client with a mod installed that allows a user to download the map through the client the best part is it only downloads what the client can see in a sense
    showtime3636

Post by showtime3636 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:22 pm

I say reset the map, but Take away half of everyone's money unless they have under 20k
    General_101
    Admin

Post by General_101 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 pm

showtime3636 wrote:I say reset the map, but Take away half of everyone's money unless they have under 20k
    no everything must be DELETED [/reference]
    UnknownMage
    Owner

Post by UnknownMage on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:46 pm

showtime3636 wrote:I say reset the map, but Take away half of everyone's money unless they have under 20k

IF I were to reset the map, I would most certainly NOT leave any money behind for anyone.
    showtime3636

Post by showtime3636 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Ok
    DatMrRyan
    Admin

Post by DatMrRyan on Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:17 am

Thek or someone make a topic about this in the staff section, I thought we already discussed this with the portals and everything. Everything seems to be moving away from that idea now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm