Zidocraft

Welcome to the Zidocraft Forums!

Wanting to become a Member on our server?
Go to Member Applications and post there!
Make sure to include you In Game name, so we know who to make Member Very Happy

Like the server so much?!
You should think about donating!!!
Link to donate to the Server is in the Portal!

Haven't been on our server yet?
Try our server!
Survival IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

Want to join/merge server communities?
Contact Unknown_Mage on the server
or
Contact UnknownMage on the forums!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask in the forums, or just come on our server for help!

Have fun!
~Unknown (Owner of Zidocraft)
~Zidocraft Community

Contact Information:
UnknownM. (Skype)
UnknownMage (Forums)
Unknown_Mage (Server)
"If using Skype to contact me, please make sure to include Zidocraft, so I may know what it is about."

This forum is for the Zidocraft Minecraft Server Community!

ZidoCraft is currently 1.6!!!
IP: zidocraft.beastnode.org

    Never buy Windows 8!

    Share
    avatar
    Farquor
    Moderator+

    Posts : 1283
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Age : 21

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by Farquor on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 am

    Wikwoo wrote:Wait a minute Far, I just realized something, was this laptop Acer perhaps?
    Yep, Acer Aspire
    avatar
    BladeX
    Moderator

    Posts : 596
    Join date : 2012-06-09
    Location : AsKassem Studio

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by BladeX on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:25 pm

    well i've been thinking of getting windows 8, but i don't know if should get it or not. after reading all the positive comments about this i think im gonna buy windows 8
    avatar
    adrianvanderstap
    Custom

    Posts : 497
    Join date : 2012-12-03
    Age : 21
    Location : on the roof howling at the moon

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by adrianvanderstap on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:45 pm

    get it trust me its good just get a good brand computer
    avatar
    DatMrRyan
    Admin

    Posts : 1248
    Join date : 2012-01-31
    Location : Playing with Garry's mod.

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by DatMrRyan on Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:56 pm

    lolwat^
    avatar
    adrianvanderstap
    Custom

    Posts : 497
    Join date : 2012-12-03
    Age : 21
    Location : on the roof howling at the moon

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by adrianvanderstap on Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:00 pm

    acers are crap like me far have and is probably why his computer crashed because they are just complete crap
    avatar
    General_101
    Admin

    Posts : 1382
    Join date : 2011-11-29
    Age : 21
    Location : in a room

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by General_101 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 pm

    BladeX wrote:well i've been thinking of getting windows 8, but i don't know if should get it or not. after reading all the positive comments about this i think im gonna buy windows 8
    If you current os is windows 7 do not get windows 8 you are fine and you would just end up wasting money that's my opinion at least
    avatar
    Dan821
    Moderator+

    Posts : 343
    Join date : 2011-10-15
    Age : 16

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by Dan821 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:01 pm

    adrianvanderstap wrote: acers are crap like me far have and is probably why his computer crashed because they are just complete crap
    avatar
    BladeX
    Moderator

    Posts : 596
    Join date : 2012-06-09
    Location : AsKassem Studio

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by BladeX on Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:43 pm

    General_101 wrote:
    BladeX wrote:well i've been thinking of getting windows 8, but i don't know if should get it or not. after reading all the positive comments about this i think im gonna buy windows 8
    If you current os is windows 7 do not get windows 8 you are fine and you would just end up wasting money that's my opinion at least
    lol nah gen dont worry i was just kidding, who would be stupid enough to buy windows 8
    avatar
    General_101
    Admin

    Posts : 1382
    Join date : 2011-11-29
    Age : 21
    Location : in a room

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by General_101 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:56 pm

    BladeX wrote:
    General_101 wrote:
    BladeX wrote:well i've been thinking of getting windows 8, but i don't know if should get it or not. after reading all the positive comments about this i think im gonna buy windows 8
    If you current os is windows 7 do not get windows 8 you are fine and you would just end up wasting money that's my opinion at least
    lol nah gen dont worry i was just kidding, who would be stupid enough to buy windows 8
    adrianvanderstap wrote:lolz its funny cause me and him the same laptop basiclly and mine perfectly fine and i might have alittle less stuff but other wise its fine

    Dude2 wrote:I have Windows 8 and I don't have any of those problems. Everything runs smoothly no problem.

    BobJeff9963 wrote:im the same as Dude, absolutely no problems
    with Windows 8. Its fast, smooth and it never crashes or anything

    Wikwoo wrote:Windows 8 is the best version of Windows so far. It is infinitely times faster than WIndows 7, it almost never crashes or f*** up, it has a polished ui, and an app store. (lol) So, I think the computer you bought was a piece of s***. Not WIndows 8. C:


    Btw, I used to have what was probably the slowest laptop in existence. (Netbook but w/e) When I first got it it was so f*** slow I could barely open an explorer Window. After I cleaned up all the OEM s*** off it it was at least bearable enough to look at web pages. (Not youtube or any kind of flash though) That was with Windows 7. I got the Windows 8 Release Preview and installed it on it because I figured I didn't have anything to lose. After the Windows 8 installation it was fast. Very very fast. It only had a 1.6 ghz processor and 1 gb of ram. But, I could still multitask with like 30 different youtube videos playing while playing gmod and minecraft. So, which version of Windows is s*** now ._.
    yea............. right...........

    avatar
    BladeX
    Moderator

    Posts : 596
    Join date : 2012-06-09
    Location : AsKassem Studio

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by BladeX on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:18 am

    General_101 wrote:
    BladeX wrote:
    General_101 wrote:
    BladeX wrote:well i've been thinking of getting windows 8, but i don't know if should get it or not. after reading all the positive comments about this i think im gonna buy windows 8
    If you current os is windows 7 do not get windows 8 you are fine and you would just end up wasting money that's my opinion at least
    lol nah gen dont worry i was just kidding, who would be stupid enough to buy windows 8
    adrianvanderstap wrote:lolz its funny cause me and him the same laptop basiclly and mine perfectly fine and i might have alittle less stuff but other wise its fine

    Dude2 wrote:I have Windows 8 and I don't have any of those problems. Everything runs smoothly no problem.

    BobJeff9963 wrote:im the same as Dude, absolutely no problems
    with Windows 8. Its fast, smooth and it never crashes or anything

    Wikwoo wrote:Windows 8 is the best version of Windows so far. It is infinitely times faster than WIndows 7, it almost never crashes or f*** up, it has a polished ui, and an app store. (lol) So, I think the computer you bought was a piece of s***. Not WIndows 8. C:


    Btw, I used to have what was probably the slowest laptop in existence. (Netbook but w/e) When I first got it it was so f*** slow I could barely open an explorer Window. After I cleaned up all the OEM s*** off it it was at least bearable enough to look at web pages. (Not youtube or any kind of flash though) That was with Windows 7. I got the Windows 8 Release Preview and installed it on it because I figured I didn't have anything to lose. After the Windows 8 installation it was fast. Very very fast. It only had a 1.6 ghz processor and 1 gb of ram. But, I could still multitask with like 30 different youtube videos playing while playing gmod and minecraft. So, which version of Windows is s*** now ._.
    yea............. right...........

    well.. ok
    *walks out the door*
    avatar
    UnknownMage
    Owner

    Posts : 2097
    Join date : 2011-10-03
    Age : 21

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by UnknownMage on Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:49 am

    I have Windows 8 because they didn't want to install Windows 7 for me when I bought the computer.
    I just strictly use the desktop and desktop programs instead of the Windows 8 Apps. Those apps are broken.

    I don't really like it. It is just Windows 7 with a Fancy menu screen that barely works.
    avatar
    adrianvanderstap
    Custom

    Posts : 497
    Join date : 2012-12-03
    Age : 21
    Location : on the roof howling at the moon

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by adrianvanderstap on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 am

    i agree with mage i never use the apps unless a program needs one to open
    avatar
    Wikwoo

    Posts : 278
    Join date : 2012-02-24
    Age : 18
    Location : Manitoba, Canada

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by Wikwoo on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:30 am

    AHA the Acer Aspire line is the worst line of computers in all of history. The one I was talking about there was an acer aspire 1, and a few months after I installed Windows 8 it just quit turning on for absolutely no reason. My grandma has an Acer Aspire something or other, and it always overheats and shuts down for no reason all the bloody time, my mom has an acer aspire 1, its so slow you can't even use it, and portions of the hard drive suddenly go missing for no reason all the time. My friend has an acer aspire 1, same thing, extremely slow, random files deleted all the time.


    Acer is f*** retarded.
    avatar
    showtime3636

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Location : United states of america

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by showtime3636 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:32 am

    I have that problem with my computer, random files keep disappearing from my desktop, and then sometimes my recycling bin disappears and it's super hard to find it. But I do not have a Acer, I have a dell Inspiron
    avatar
    Farquor
    Moderator+

    Posts : 1283
    Join date : 2012-07-21
    Age : 21

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by Farquor on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:13 pm

    Wikwoo wrote:AHA the Acer Aspire line is the worst line of computers in all of history. The one I was talking about there was an acer aspire 1, and a few months after I installed Windows 8 it just quit turning on for absolutely no reason. My grandma has an Acer Aspire something or other, and it always overheats and shuts down for no reason all the bloody time, my mom has an acer aspire 1, its so slow you can't even use it, and portions of the hard drive suddenly go missing for no reason all the time. My friend has an acer aspire 1, same thing, extremely slow, random files deleted all the time.


    Acer is f*** retarded.
    Looks like i got the child of all those together. Same with what show said, if it crashes (Bluescreen :O) or i restart it, the desktop is blank. Legit, blank. Nothing.
    I have to find it all again. And it decides that some things are unsafe, like Planet Side 2 or Minecraft. "OH no, you are changing files when you save, it's unsafe!!1!1 DELETE!"
    Pretty much sums up my laptop :3
    avatar
    showtime3636

    Posts : 735
    Join date : 2012-04-28
    Location : United states of america

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by showtime3636 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:11 pm

    And sometimes my laptop when I log in, it gives me a black background and said failed to load the desktop. User is located on a separate device like a hard drive.



    So I just shut it down and I turned it on and logged back on and it was like nothing ever happened lol

    Sponsored content

    Re: Never buy Windows 8!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:51 am